Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Day 2 - The Delights of Dingle

After a good night's sleep, I woke up early this morning, ready to go.  We had a delicious breakfast at the hotel and then headed off to our first stop of the day, the Killarney Riding Stables. 



You won't believe this, but this horse's name is Robyn.  I just had to put her on the blog! 




After checking out the stables, we stopped for a panoramic view of the incredible Killarney National Park.




Next, we headed to our main destination for the day...Dingle.  The Delights of Dingle is a full day tour that will be offered to Super Achievers next year and I can confirm that Dingle is, indeed, delightful.  The town is very charming and the scenery is just beautiful.  Take a look for yourself:








The ever-popular Dingle Pub is a must-see!





A couple young musicians perform on the street in Dingle. 




Alan even found the perfect hat!



Nice view, huh?

After our day of touring, we took in dinner and a show at Kate Kearney's Cottage, one of the evening events that we're considering.  The food was great and the entertainment was even better!




After a wonderful day, I'm looking forward to tomorrow when there will be more Irish countryside to explore.  Make sure you check back to see what else we have in store for you!

7 comments:

  1. Wow what a view? The horse was beautiful. I can't believe her name was Robyn. That is cool. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robyn, have you made any friends with the Irish people, or just their pets?!!!!

    Your posts are great and teh pictures are beautiful!

    Please keep an eye on Alan, he may scare people! By the way, have you seen an O'Neill Pub yet?

    Looking forward to other posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pat, I haven't seen an O'Neill pub yet, but rest assured, once I do, it will be posted to the blog!

    I have met many wonderful Irish people. I will try to include some of them in the near future! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Robyn, you have the best job. Ireland looks awesome.I hope Dennis and I get to take this trip. Keep sending pics!!
    Lisa and Dennis Hall

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!!!!! My type of trip and cannot wait!!!!!

    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the pics especially the golf course ones.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool hat, where did Alan get it?

    ReplyDelete